openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Das, Aditi" <Aditi....@schwab.com>
Subject Is OpenJPA jdk1.4 compatible?
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:13:59 GMT
Hi,
Is OpenJPA jdk1.4 compatible? I was trying out writing JPA without using
annotations on Entities but writing a orm.xml instead..

When I try running my application with OpenJPA in jdk1.4 enviorment I
get the following error:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: javax/persistence/Persistence
(Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

That means,  I am trying to run Java 5 compliant byte code in a Java 1.4
VM. But there are quite a few places in the code I have seen "if
(JavaVersions.VERSION >= 5) {"

check present. That means it certainly has options to run in Java 1.4
enviorment.

Even maven builds few projects of openJPA in jdk1.4 enviorment.

I guess, I am missing out something. Do I have to call OpenJPA api
directly without going through JPA specification in jdk1.4 enviorment?

Any poineters to this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Aditi
I am not the best, but certainly not like the rest.