openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Names of patches for jira issues
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:28:49 GMT
Hi Pinaki,

On Aug 10, 2007, at 5:47 PM, Pinaki Poddar wrote:

> +1
>
> A small addition to Craig's proposed convention:
> ppenjpa-xxx.z.patch or openjpa-xxx.z.txt
> where xxx is the JIRA issue number and z is the patch number as often
> there are multiple versions of the patch on the same issue.

I like this idea. Elaborating, if the patch is updated by the author,
the same name should be used, e.g. openjpa-158.patch is the first
patch. If the patch is updated, openjpa-158.patch replaces the
original. Jira knows to make available for download only the latest
version of a patch with the same name.

If another patch is added, to cover some additional cases,if the
original patch is committed, or if someone else has a different view
of the fix, then openjpa-158.2.patch, openjpa-158.3.patch, and
openjpa-158.4.patch could be used.

Is that what you had in mind?

Craig