openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Phill Moran" <pjmo...@rogers.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r567962 - /openjpa/trunk/openjpa-jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/sql/DB2Dictionary.java
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:58:18 GMT
Can't you trigger on the JDK version setup in the POM. SO if you are compiling
on 1.4 one profile is active and if 1.5 another and so on. Is there a specific
need to trigger on a jar file

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Prud'hommeaux [mailto:mprudhomapache@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Marc
Prud'hommeaux
Sent: August 21, 2007 10:54 AM
To: dev@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: Re: svn commit: r567962 -
/openjpa/trunk/openjpa-jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/sql/DB2Diction
ary.java

Also, you can have the validation automatically happen if your ~/.m2/
settings.xml looks like:

<settings>
     <profiles>
         <profile>
             <id>java14-validate</id>
             <activation><activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault></
activation>
             <properties>
                 <java14.jar>/System/Library/Frameworks/
JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Classes/classes.jar</java14.jar>
             </properties>
         </profile>
     </profiles>
</settings>

The exact location of "java14.jar" is platform and installation specific, which
is why we can't automatically set it (unless anyone has any clever suggestions
for figuring out the path of different JVM's installation in a robust manner).