openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PCRegistry ClassLoader memory leak
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 02:48:39 GMT

On Jul 16, 2007, at 10:26 PM, Pinaki Poddar wrote:

> Just to clarify:
> I meant it should be the loader that loaded Person.class where
> Person is
> the persistence capable class, *not*
> org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PersistenceCapable.class.getClassLoader().
>
> But testing in multi-classloader environment is required to
> validate any
> changes of this nature.

Yes, that's how I interpreted your statement. My point is that if SSN
is a field of Person, the ClassLoader of SSN is not necessarily the
ClassLoader for Person. I'd be concerned that the Person ClassLoader
can't load SSN. In that case, your technique wouldn't work... Either
way, would definitely require testing...

--kevan