openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r557089 - in /openjpa/trunk: openjpa-jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/kernel/ openjpa-jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/schema/ openjpa-jdbc/src/main/resources/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/kernel/ openjpa-lib/src/main/ja
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:29:20 GMT

As a random shot in the dark (I can't reproduce the error on my
machine), I notice that the _nodeInfo Map is relying on keys being of
type java.util.Collection, and the javadoc for Collection.equals()
does not actually require that equality be evaluated based on the
content of the collection (although java.util.List.equals() does).

So if somehow there is an IBM-specific list that is being put in
there as a key, then a lookup using an equivalent collection might
not be succeeding, resulting in _nodeInfo.get(other) returning null.

Anyway, just a guess. Some debug statements would very quickly show
it that might be the case or not.