openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r557089 - in /openjpa/trunk: openjpa-jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/kernel/ openjpa-jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/schema/ openjpa-jdbc/src/main/resources/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/kernel/ openjpa-lib/src/main/ja
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:45:20 GMT
Craig, Marc, and Patrick,
You guys work too late on a Sunday night...  :-)  Thanks for the input.

I haven't found all of the details on the problem report that made this
change, but the abstract indicates "hashmap performance changes".  So, our
findings would be consistent with that.

I just wanted to see if anybody thought that this behavior of the
HashMap.put() was inconsistent with the java spec or if there was some
strong opinion on the use of == for this situation.

I'll make the equality changes and work through the other issues with the
testcase failing.

Thanks,
Kevin