openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database versions
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:51:52 GMT
Hi Daniel,
So far, we have taken the approach to have a single dictionary for each
database that covers all applicable versions.  The JDBC driver is queried to
determine the version for any specific actions.  This approach has worked
for us thus far.  You can reference the connectedConfiguration method in the
DB2Dictionary as an example.  If (or when) this approach becomes too
cumbersome, then we'll have to consider individual dictionaries.

Kevin