openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Testing against multiple JPA implementations
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 01:44:14 GMT
All-

I recently needed to test out the behavior of other JPA
implementations for a certain feature, and was annoyed at how long it
took to download and set up all the various dependencies and
configuration properties for Hibernate and TopLink, so I went ahead
and created a template project that will automatically download and
configure OpenJPA, TopLink, and Hibernate, and run a specific class
for each of them.

In case anyone else is ever interested in doing this, I've put the
template up at:

   http://people.apache.org/~mprudhom/interjpa.zip

All you need to do is unzip it, cd to "interjpa", and run "ant". All
of the logic is in the "build.xml" file, which uses the Maven ant
tasks to download the dependencies for each of the implementations.