openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I use JPA PCEnhancer !!
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 14:00:35 GMT
I'm not sure I understand the question. If you're asking whether you can use
another vendor's enhancer instead of OpenJPA's enhancer the answer is no.

The enhancement processing is not covered in the JPA specification and is
vendor specific, and OpenJPA will not work unless you have enhanced your
entities.

I believe you can use other enhancers in addition to the OpenJPA enhancer.
For example you could enhance your entities through the OpenJPA PCEnhancer
and then enhance them with another tool or use the javaagent mechanism to do
runtime bytecode insertion if you desire. Depending on which third party
enhancer you use there is the potential for collisions, but in most cases a
third-party enhancer will work fine.

Hope this helps,
Mike