openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r553010 [1/3] - in /openjpa/trunk: ./ openjpa-examples/src/main/java/hellojpa/ openjpa-examples/src/main/java/relations/ openjpa-jdbc-5/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/meta/strats/ openjpa-jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/j
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 15:28:07 GMT
I don't think this was a matter of tabs and spaces, from what I can tell by
visually inspecting Marc's commit it looks like the changes were whitespace
around variables or casts. For example :

(ClassLoader)AccessController. . .
(ClassLoader) AccessController. . .

Which I didn't think to look at when I committed Albert's changes. I didn't
bring them up in Eclipse and run it's formatter on them though.

I've been using Eclipse and what I generally do is create my own formatter,
based on either Eclipse's conventions or Sun's. The only changes I make are
to always use spaces. The rest of the defaults match our conventions as far
as I know. I did go out and check for whitespace like the example above and
it looks like if I had run the formatter it would have corrected it.

Sorry guys, and thanks for catching it Marc

-Mike