openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preliminary design for supporting OpenJPA annotations in XML metadata.
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 00:03:57 GMT
I haven't read David and Marc's most recent emails, but here's an idea
that I've been toying with in terms of unifying annotation and XML
parsing: annotations are interfaces, so presumably we can create new
instances of types that implement them somehow. (Maybe the JVM
prevents this; I haven't tested.) If so, then we could just have a
single annotation parser, and have the XML parser generate annotations
to pipe into the annotation parser.

I'm not sure if that gets us anything, but it might be an interesting
direction to explore.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey