openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject in-person meeting
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:09:17 GMT
Hi,

It turns out that a number of people on this list are based in or
around San Francisco. A few people have asked about more in-depth code
reviews etc.; I think it probably makes sense for us to do a
face-to-face meeting open to all interested parties somewhere in the
Bay area.

I'm sure that it'll be easy to find meeting space somewhere, so
probably the big constraints are interest and schedules.

So:

a. Are you interested in such an event?

b. Does anyone have any particular time constraints?

To get things started, my responses are:

> a. Are you interested in such an event?

Yes.

> b. Does anyone have any particular time constraints?

The weeks of August 6-10 and August 13-17 are no good for me.

Of course, it's important to remember that inevitably, not everyone
involved in OpenJPA will be able to attend an in-person meeting, so we
must be careful not to disenfranchise people who cannot make the
meeting. Clearly, this means that we must not make decisions about the
future of the project (IMO, it's ok to discuss and brainstorm etc.,
but such discussions must turn into dialogs on the email list).
Additionally, we should make sure that someone is taking notes for
non-attendees, and that when possible, we maintain dial-in
capabilities for people who want to participate virtually.

Thanks,

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey