openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [CONF] OpenJPA: OpenJPA Up Close and Personal (page edited)
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:04:48 GMT
Hi,

On Jul 20, 2007, at 1:52 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> Will do. My call-in info is at my office, and I'm at home today, but
> I'll update the invite with that info soon.
>
> If I don't screw it up, we can even record the audio bits!
>
> Also, I've booked a conf room at the BEA offices in San Jose, so I'll
> update with directions etc. I think that I prefer the BEA offices to
> Sun offices, because BEA has very low security requirements to get
> people into the building, whereas Sun requires the agreement of
> squadrons of legal people and careful coordination with the
> registration computer.

This is just a bit off. Sun doesn't require anyone from legal to get
involved. Sun does require a list of physical attendees' names before
the meeting, for national security purposes. I'm shocked, shocked,
that BEA has gotten a waiver from NSA to allow any old persistence
expert to attend an on-site meeting of this gravity.

I have a backup call-in number in case Patrick has a problem with his.

Craig