openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: PCRegistry ClassLoader memory leak
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:06:00 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On 7/17/07, Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina@sun.com> wrote:
>> I'm wondering if the EMF.close() either called by the user or by the
>> container,
>> when the application is unloaded/undeployed can trigger the cleanup?
>
> JEE unfortunately lacks lifecycle methods

Lifecycle of the container managed EMF is defined in the JPA spec in
section #7.1.1. Those rules don't apply for Java SE style of JPA in a
Java EE container. If that's a web app, then it should be able to use
something like *ServletContextListener.contextDestroyted*. I don't know
any such facilities for EJB container.

Thanks,
Sahoo