openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Ezzio <dez...@bea.com>
Subject Re: How to query on interface in OpenJPA
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:06:31 GMT
Hi Patrick,

I'm not using the "newInstance" method.

Objects are created using their constuctors.

My problem is selecting or deleting the objects through the interface.

My original bug is in Kodo JDO which supports using interfaces in this
manner but has a bug in the order of loading metadata.  I'm trying to
port the test case over to OpenJPA because it looks to me that the bug
that Kodo is encountering is in OpenJPA.  I thought if I could port the
failing test case, then we could make a determination whether it was a
bug in OpenJPA or not, and how best to fix it.  My first attempt to fix
it in OpenJPA was a resounding disaster.

My worry is that we have behavior in OpenJPA that OpenJPA does not use
and cannot test.  That's why, I think, it is worthwhile trying to run
this down.

David