openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Pinaki Poddar" <ppod...@bea.com>
Subject RE: How does <dependency> to OpenJPA be declared in pom.xml?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:54:59 GMT
Thanks, David.
I was not pointing to the right repository.

Following works (slightly different than the instructions at
http://openjpa.apache.org/obtaining.html

        <repository>
            <id>apache-snapshots</id>

<url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
        </repository>

         <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.openjpa</groupId>
            <artifactId>apache-openjpa</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </dependency>

Pinaki Poddar
972.834.2865

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jencks [mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 2:43 AM
To: dev@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: Re: How does <dependency> to OpenJPA be declared in pom.xml?

That looks to me like what works in geronimo, except for <scope>...</
scope>

In my experience sometimes maven gets confused and stops trying to
download stuff if there's something wrong with one of the xml metadata
files.  i would try first mvn -U and if that doesn't work rm -rf
~/.m2/repository/org/apache/openjpa
mvn -U

If you are trying to build your own openjpa locally you might need to
run mvn install on openjpa to get it into your local repo. I believe
package only builds the jar, but does not copy it into the local repo so
anything else can use it.

hope this helps
david jencks