openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Pinaki Poddar" <ppod...@bea.com>
Subject RE: PCRegistry ClassLoader memory leak
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:59:39 GMT
 Kevan,
> I'm afraid that I may have improperly narrowed your objectives by
singling out fieldTypes. PCRegistry$Meta.pc and pcSuper > could also
keep Classes/ClassLoaders alive...

   I am afraid that I have spelt your name wrong in JIRA-285...

  The latest patch (JIRA-285.patch.2.txt) stringifies
PCRegistry$Meta.pcSuper also as per your observation.

  PCRegistry$Meta.pc, however, was declared as PersistenceCapable.
Tried stringifying the user-defined persistence capble class name and
recreate an instance in PCRegistry when required. The problem with that
approach is instantiation may not succeed because OpenJPA allows user
defined pc classes *not* to declare a public no-arg constructor. 6 Tests
in OpenJPA failed due to that restriction.
   I have currently left PCRegistry$Meta.pc as it was.

Pinaki Poddar
972.834.2865

> On Jul 16, 2007, at 7:48 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

Pinaki,
I'm afraid that I may have improperly narrowed your objectives by
singling out fieldTypes. PCRegistry$Meta.pc and pcSuper could also keep
Classes/ClassLoaders alive...

--kevan