openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Testing against multiple JPA implementations
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:27:17 GMT

> I recently needed to test out the behavior of other JPA
> implementations for a certain feature, and was annoyed at how long it
> took to download and set up all the various dependencies and
> configuration properties for Hibernate and TopLink, so I went ahead
> and created a template project that will automatically download and
> configure OpenJPA, TopLink, and Hibernate, and run a specific class
> for each of them.

Hi Marc,

I've been doing the same with m2 and created pom.xml for OpenJPA,
TopLink and Hibernate with Apache Derby and PostgreSQL. I described it
in my article "Nauka Java Persistence z Apache Maven 2 i dostawcami
JPA: OpenJPA, Hibernate i TopLink" [1]. It's in Polish, but you may
find some useful snippets there. Some steps are no longer necessary
(e.g. Hibernate jars are in the m2 central repo) and the project has
since been updated.

I was wondering whether there'd be some interest in describing it in
more detail, but didn't know where to publish it. Any hints? It's
saved me plenty of time while digging into JPA details.

[1] http://www.jaceklaskowski.pl/wiki/Nauka_Java_Persistence_z_Apache_Maven_2_i_dostawcami_JPA:_OpenJPA%2C_Hibernate_i_TopLink

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski