openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From saravanan_tvm <skumar_rect2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Table per class inheritance is not supported in toplink
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2007 10:22:59 GMT

Hi,
 I have took one simple example from same site on jpa using Table per class
inheritence hirerarchy.
 I am using toplink from oracle, but when i try to execute the same
application i am getting the following error.

Please can anybody tell me whether toplink supports inheritence hirerarchy
or not....

Caused by: Exception [TOPLINK-7152] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2006.8
(Build 060829)): oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.ValidationException
Exception Description: Table per class inheritance is not supported. Entity
class [class jpa.Tableperclass.Person]

Regards,
Saravanan...