openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Done with OpenJPA Top Level Project migration?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 21:13:02 GMT
> Hey,
>
> I think we're done with the migration.

looks good

> If anyone has any issues, please let everyone know.

no issues but some comments

IMHO http://openjpa.apache.org/committers.html feels like it
overemphases the organisation to which people belong. i think that
brief bios might be a little friendlier.

http://openjpa.apache.org/downloads.html makes me feel just a little
uncomfortable. AFAIK the artifacts are not ATM official releases of
the OpenJPA Project and are in temporary home. i would feel happier if
they were either dubbed official releases by the OpenJPA PMC and moved
to the area for official releases or referred to as incubating
releases. it's also a good idea (for several reasons including search
engine indexing) to link to release notes and change logs. i also
recommend including a brief introduction to OpenJPA on the download
since may people either don't read the front page or arrive at the
download page.

BTW it may be a little fiddly to make sure that the mirroring script
will work with confluence output. i advise experimenting in good time.

OpenJPA is not yet linked from http://www.apache.org/ (i need to add
this to the incubator documentation)

(i'll stop there whilst i'm ahead)

 - robert