openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "catalina wei" <catalina....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r547833 - /openjpa/trunk/openjpa-kernel/pom.xml
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:46:53 GMT
On 6/19/07, Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Catalina,
>
> Comments below.
>
> On 6/19/07, catalina wei <catalina.wei@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dave Wisneski and I propose to do packaging cleanup for OPENJPA-240 as
> the
> > following:
> > 1. remove openjpa-xmlmapping-5
>

> +1
>
> 2. rename package org.apache.openjpa.xmlmapping to
> > org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.xmlmapping
>

> If it were me I would move the XMLValueHandler class to package
> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.strats with the rest of the ValueHandlers.
> The
> main reason is to keep similar classes grouped together, but I think it
> would also help to avoid confusion between the package and the
> openjpa-xmlmapping module.

It is a matter of having user to specify on @Strategy with a long name   "
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.strats.XMLValueHandler" vs. a shorter name.
 "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.xmlmapping.XMLValueHandler"

I believe the strategies under org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.strats are
openjpa's
default strategies, i.e.,  jpa entities need not explicitly specify
using @Strategy annotation.

Catalina

   and place it under openjpa-jdbc source directory