openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Fong <jackf...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Generate DDL without DB connection
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 18:17:25 GMT
It is working now.  Thank you very much Michael.

Regards,
Jack

 /
 /

 /  Jack Fong
 /  jackfong@ca.ibm.com
 /
 /  Software Developer, Rational/AIM WebSphere, Java EE Application Tools
    IBM Canada Ltd.
 /  905-413-3930 (T/L 969)
 /  D3/RKB/8200/MKM
 /
 /
 /
 /
 /
 /

 / (Embedded image moved to file: pic11555.gif)  (Embedded image moved to
 / file: pic16831.gif)

             "Michael Dick"
             <michael.d.dick@g
             mail.com>                                                  To
                                       dev@openjpa.apache.org
             06/06/2007 08:47                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Generate DDL without DB
             Please respond to         connection
             dev@openjpa.apach
                   e.org

Hi Jack,

It looks like the SchemaTool can't find your persistence.xml file. The tool
will look for persistence.xml in the META-INF directory on your classpath,
could you post the classpath that you're using?

You can also provide the persistence.xml file as a properties file, ie :
java org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.SchemaTool -p ${pathToPersistence.xml}
${otherArgs}.

Hope this Helps,

Michael Dick

On 6/5/07, Jack Fong <jackfong@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Marc.  With your suggestion, I can now generate a
> schema XML file without any DB connection.  But when I try to use the
> SchemaTool to generate a SQL file, I am getting this error message again:
>
> INFO: OpenJPA will now connect to the database to attempt to determine
> what
> type of database dictionary to use.  To prevent this connection in the
> future, set your openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary configuration property to the
> appropriate value for your database (see the documentation for available
> values).
> Exception in thread "main" <4|true|0.0.0>
> org.apache.openjpa.util.UserException:
> A JDBC Driver or DataSource class name must be specified in the
> ConnectionDriverName property.
>         at
> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.DataSourceFactory.newDataSource(
> DataSourceFactory.java:67)
>         at

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.createConnectionFactory
> (JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:797)
>         at

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.getDBDictionaryInstance
> (JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:563)
>         at

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.XMLSchemaParser.<init>(XMLSchemaParser.java
> :121)
>         at
> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.SchemaTool.run(SchemaTool.java:1439)
>         at
> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.SchemaTool.run(SchemaTool.java:1391)
>         at
> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.SchemaTool.main(SchemaTool.java:1336)
>
> Please notice that I do have a Derby Embedded Database ready on my file
> system and OpenJPA can connect anytime it needs to, and here is a
fragment
> of my META-INF/persistence.xml file that describes the datasource
setting:
>             <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value=
> "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary"/>
>             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionUserName" value="user"/>
>             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionPassword" value="secret"/>
>             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionDriverName" value=
> "org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"/>
>             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionURL" value=
> "jdbc:derby:d:/abc/hellojpa-database"/>
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Jack
>
> /
> /
>
> /  Jack Fong
> /  jackfong@ca.ibm.com
> /
> /  Software Developer, Rational/AIM WebSphere, Java EE Application Tools
>     IBM Canada Ltd.
> /  905-413-3930 (T/L 969)
> /  D3/RKB/8200/MKM
> /
> /
> /
> /
> /
> /
>

> / (Embedded image moved to file: pic16211.gif)  (Embedded image moved to
> / file: pic14600.gif)
>

>              "Marc
>              Prud'hommeaux"
>              <mprudhom@apache.