openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r547833 - /openjpa/trunk/openjpa-kernel/pom.xml
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:37:12 GMT

> Mike & Patrick,
> I will move the jaxb dependency from kernel to persistence-jdbc.

This doesn't make any sense to me.  We have a top-level module for
xml mapping, but it somehow created a JAXB dependency in persistence-
jdbc?  How did that happen?

And I agree with Michael Dick's latest comment: if this new module
depends on JDBC, it either needs to go under the JDBC back-end module
or needs some way to indicate it's a JDBC thing (like having "jdbc"
in its name).

Maybe it would help if you sent out a more detailed description of
what depends on what.