openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Tools for maintaining OpenJPA documentation
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:00:47 GMT
Just trying to start a new thread on this topic since my reply to an SVN
commit message went unanswered...  :-)

What kind of tools are being used to maintain the OpenJPA manual?  The
documentation updates that I have done have all been pretty minor, so I
haven't been too concerned with messing up the tags in the documentation xml
files.  But, some of the updates that I would like to do require some fairly
extensive changes.  I'm afraid that I just start to edit these xml files
with my favorite editor that I might get myself into a tag mess that I can't
recover from...

Since this documentation originated with the SolarMetric folks, maybe one of
them can comment on some "best practices" for updating the manual?  Or, if
other open-source developers have some input, that would be great.  I would
like to stick with our current xml format and build process, so I'm not
looking to upset the apple cart.  I just need some guidance on editting
practices.

Thanks!
Kevin