openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two questions about OpenJPA impl.
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 00:55:46 GMT
> 1) Does OpenJPA create before images for rollback? Or is the transaction
> rollback functionality just implemented in the JDO closed source? As
> Reece mentions, we'd need before image values on relationships for
> dependency calculation in case of unique keys.

OpenJPA can do that, yes. You need to configure things accordingly,
but the feature is definitely there. See the RetainValues property.

> 2) Why are updates ignored (not re-ordered) in ConstraintUpdateManager,
> if there are *no* delete-then-insert-same-pk?

The graph is walked, which will potentially re-order the updates. What
bit of code are you referring to?

> 3) Can foreign keys be used in the WHERE clause for updates/deletes?

Yes -- what type of query are you looking for in particular?

-Patrick

On 6/7/07, Markus Fuchs <Markus.Fuchs@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> could somebody please answer these questions?
>
> 1) Does OpenJPA create before images for rollback? Or is the transaction
> rollback functionality just implemented in the JDO closed source? As
> Reece mentions, we'd need before image values on relationships for
> dependency calculation in case of unique keys.
>
> 2) Why are updates ignored (not re-ordered) in ConstraintUpdateManager,
> if there are *no* delete-then-insert-same-pk?
>
> 3) Can foreign keys be used in the WHERE clause for updates/deletes?
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> -- markus.
>


-- 
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Mime
View raw message