openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] use backport-concurrent instead of repackaged concurrent classes
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 23:22:11 GMT
Hi,

In the process of doing some concurrency-related work on OpenJPA, I've
run across the need for a ReentrantReadWriteLock, akin to what is in
Java 5's java.util.concurrent package, Emory University's
edu.emory.mathcs.backport package, and Doug Lea's EDU.oswego.cs.dl
package.

Currently, OpenJPA has repackaged copies of some of the code from
EDU.oswego.cs.dl, but not everything. I'd like to get rid of the
repackaged copies, and move to the versions in
edu.emory.mathcs.backport. According to Doug Lea's website, the
backport classes are preferable to the EDU.oswego.cs.dl classes at
this point.

This change is independent of future changes to allow for pluggability
of the concurrent implementation, and only impacts those classes that
we are already directly repackaging.

Thoughts?

-Patrick

--