openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r547833 - /openjpa/trunk/openjpa-kernel/pom.xml
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:03:00 GMT
> It is a matter of having user to specify on @Strategy with a long
> name   "
> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.strats.XMLValueHandler" vs. a shorter
> name.
> "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.xmlmapping.XMLValueHandler"

Why do they have to specify an explicit strategy at all?  Why not
have built-in support for recognizing when to map to an XML column?
This could be by defaulting to XML when we find a relation to a JAXB
type that isn't annotated with any standard relationship type, or by
introducing a new annotation, or...