openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Ezzio <>
Subject How to query on interface in OpenJPA
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2007 02:08:46 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've recently run into a bug in Kodo JDO that appears to be occurring in
OpenJPA. I have a test case that fails in Kodo JDO, but I'm stumped how
to port the test case to OpenJPA.

My test case has two data classes and one interface that each class
implements. SensorData and PublicData are the data classes and IData is
the interface. The interface and classes are very simple.

What I need to do is query on the interface, and I don't know how to do
it.  I don't know how to annotate the interface or whether I should.  I
don't know how to write the query.  A simple, "select i from IData i"
would be just fine if it worked.

Any suggestions?

David Ezzio