openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.yu>
Subject Newbie question: Subselect with MySQL
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:26:21 GMT
Hello,

I am new to OpenJPA, and I have a question regarding subselects.

When I try to invoke an EJB QL query like this:

select p
   from Person p
  where p.id in (select st.idPerson.id from Student st)

I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" <0.9.7-incubating fatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: The database
dictionary in use ("class org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.MySQLDictionary")
reports that it does not have feature "SupportsSubselect".  This feature
is needed to complete the current operation.  To force OpenJPA to try to
use the feature anyway, set the following property:
openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary: SupportsSubselect=<value>
	at ...

I'm using MySQL 4.1.16, which have subselect support, and writing this
query in native SQL is easy. How can I use subselects with OpenJPA and
EJB QL?

Thanks,
Ognjen