openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] move current release to 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 19:56:26 GMT
-1

I like the idea of having our first release out of the incubator be 1.0.

Let's drop the trailing .0 and reserve the third digit for patch
releases. This brings up the issue of release naming which we've
deferred until now. I think we need to decide what we call releases
and at what level we support backward compatibility.

I'll just emphasize my earlier comments about going through the open
JIRA issues and really making sure that we'll address the major
functionality, performance, and usability deficiencies. So this will
affect the schedule but not the naming of the release.

Craig

On May 23, 2007, at 12:30 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> We recently discussed committing ourselves to the next release
> being OpenJPA 1.0.0. The general consensus seems to be in favor, so
> I'm putting it to a vote.
>
>  +1 Make the current release be 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT, which indicates
> that the next released version will be 1.0.0
>  -1 Leave the current release to be 0.9.8-SNAPSHOT
>  0 Don't care
>
> This vote will remain open until 12pm PST on 5/26.
>
> I'll start the voting off by recording my vote: +1

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!