openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: First post-graduation OpenJPA release
Date Sun, 20 May 2007 17:34:05 GMT
it's entirely up to you/us.  this is a top level project and can  
choose it's own way :)

geir

On May 20, 2007, at 1:25 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> It sounds like there are a bunch of new things that we'll be doing in
> this process; maybe we should do a 0.9.8 first to get the various
> artifacts all sorted out, and then do a 1.0?
>
> -Patrick
>
> On 5/20/07, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geir@pobox.com> wrote:
>> that said, this is the OpenJPA project, and no matter what the state
>> of the infra move, anything that this group does now is independent
>> and disconnected from the incuabtor
>>
>>
>> On May 19, 2007, at 10:15 PM, Eddie O'Neil wrote:
>>
>> >  +1 -- assuming the code is ready to go, I agree that it's a good
>> > idea to go straight to 1.0.
>> >
>> >  +1 as well to waiting until the TLP infrastructure is complete,
>> > which could take a week or more to unbrand from the Incubator, move
>> > the website content, etc.
>> >
>> > Eddie
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On 5/19/07, Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprudhom@apache.org> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> I personally lean towards just bumping it up to 1.0 and cutting a
>> >> release as soon as possible after we complete the incubator->TLP
>> >> process. A release number < 1.0 suggests to so many people that a
>> >> product is not production-ready, and OpenJPA is so mature and  
>> in use
>> >> in so many mission-critical systems that I think we should just  
>> bump
>> >> all the open issues to a 1.0.1 or 1.1 release and get a 1.0  
>> release
>> >> out in the public.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> On May 19, 2007, at 4:31 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:
>> >>
>> >> > Hi,
>> >> >
>> >> > There's no urgency, but I think we should start discussing  
>> what our
>> >> > first release should be out of incubation.
>> >> >
>> >> > Let's take a look at the issues in JIRA and decide if we  
>> think that
>> >> > we're ready for a 1.0 release. If not, we can cut a 0.9.8  
>> release
>> >> > and make a list of 1.0 bugs/features to follow.
>> >> >
>> >> > Craig
>> >> >
>> >> > Craig Russell
>> >> > Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/
>> >> products/jdo
>> >> > 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>> >> > P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>
>
> -- 
> Patrick Linskey
> 202 669 5907


Mime
View raw message