openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "James Hang" <jh...@bea.com>
Subject Entity creation at Runtime
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 17:00:37 GMT
Hi,

I'm curious if it's possible to create and map new entities at Runtime?
We have an application which allows users to design new data models at
runtime.  When new tables are being created in the database, we would
like to make OpenJPA aware of them.  We are currently doing this in
Hibernate by generating the POJO classes dynamically using CGLIB, adding
dynamically generated xml mappings to the Hibernate runtime
configuration and re-initializing the SessionFactory.  Is there a way to
do something similar in OpenJPA?

Thanks,

James