openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DB2 support
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 12:59:40 GMT
Hi William,

I have been running OpenJPA against DB2 v9 with no major issues, and I
believe others on the forums have been doing so as well. Admittedly this
isn't a certification, but it's at least anecdotal evidence that DB2 v9 will
work.

For KODO I'd have to refer you to BEA's support statement, but I'd be
surprised if they did not support DB2 as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by "cases" to run OpenJPA/KODO on DB2. If you're
looking for instructions on how to run the OpenJPA unit tests against DB2 I
can help you with that. If you'd prefer to try running your own application
against DB2 all you need to do is add the appropriate connection properties
to persistence.xml :

Something like this should work.
. . .
    <properties>
         . . .
         <property name="openjpa.ConnectionDriverName"  value="
com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver" />
         <property name="openjpa.ConnectionURL"
value="jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/TEST" />
         <property name="openjpa.ConnectionUserName" value="db2user" />
         <property name="openjpa.ConnectionPassword" value="db2password" />
         . . .
     </properties>
. . .

Regards,