openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] move current release to 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 00:41:19 GMT
How do 1.0 and 1.0.0 differ? The way I've done things in the past, the
first major release is called 1.0.0, the first patch release 1.0.1,
etc. Then, when I say "1.0", what I really mean is "the latest code in
the 1.0 branch, whatever that is right now".

When we did Kodo releases in the past, we tried hard to not do new
feature development in a maintenance branch. So, following that
methodology, once we released 1.0.0, we would make a 1.0 branch, which
would periodically have tags on it when we release 1.0.1 etc. As soon
as 1.0 was out, all the interesting new cool stuff would then go into
the mainline, which would be 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT. (Unless, of course, we
had already cut a branch for 1.1 also, in which case the mainline
would be 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT, etc.)

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey