openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Will reversemappingTask() generate EJB3 annotations?
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 19:56:10 GMT
> Would you guys be interested in getting donations in that area?

Certainly!

> We do have our homegrown solution that does that (along with some other
> goodies as well). It's currently based on our metadata representation
> reverse-engineered from the database schema, it'd be nice (read: more
> flexible and maintainable) to have it based on openjpa metadata and
> integrated in openjpa itself for the community to use.

The basics could be implemented as a new subtype of
ReverseMappingTool.ReverseCodeGenerator that did more intelligent
things in the various field / method generators; ideally, we'd want to
provide options for things like leaving ORM metadata in XML but
putting @Entity and @Id etc. in classes, and obviously the ability to
not write any XML at all and put everything in annotations instead.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907