openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing Trasaction or EnityManager in LifeCycle methods
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 17:43:27 GMT
There is no JPA spec-mandated way to do this. In OpenJPA, you can do
the following:

EntityManager em = OpenJPAPersistence.getEntityManager(this);

Note that the JPA spec does not require that impls allow you to
operate on the EM during a callback. OpenJPA does allow this behavior.

You might also be interested in the OpenJPA transaction-level or
lifecycle-level callbacks. See the listener interfaces in
org.apache.openjpa.event. You can add these with a call to
OpenJPAEntityManager.addTransactionListener() and
OpenJPAEntityManager.addLifecycleListener().

-Patrick