openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate from Incubation
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 17:36:32 GMT
I personally define OpenJPA by the persistence engine and not the
spec it implements.  A good persistence engine is very hard to write,
but adapting it to new persistence specs if fairly easy in
comparison.  I would like to see the scope be limited to java
persistence with an eye toward the current JPA space, but want the
project to have the freedom to implement JDO, CMP, SDO or any java
persistence spec that pops up.

Said another way, if this project decides to implement JDO, should it
have to go into another TLP or a sub project?

-dain