openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Entity creation at Runtime
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 17:29:36 GMT
James-

It should be possible. The easiest way (and the most implementation-
agnostic) would be to simply generate the classes with the
appropriate mapping annotations, and then just load them at runtime.

The somewhat tricky part would be to ensure they get enhanced by the
system when they are loaded. You could just run the -
javaagent:openjpa.jar flag with no arguments, and I believe it will
scan all loaded classes for annotations, but that can slow things
down quite a bit. A faster solution would be to run your generated
classes through the enhancer.

Take a look at the code for
org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCClassFileTransformer ... if you can't
use that directly, then it might be good to use as a starting point.