openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "David Ezzio (asmtp)" <dez...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Lock-free HashMap
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 00:39:49 GMT
Hi Craig,

Another ConcurrentHashMap implementation that is available for JDK 1.4
comes from Emory University's Distributed Computing Lab.
(http://harness2.org/util/backport-util-concurrent/dist/) One of their
goals to make the source easily upgraded to java.util.concurrent once
JDK 1.4 is left behind.

Given the sneakiness of concurrency, I would be very leary of using
anything that hasn't been thoroughly vetted.

I think we can have high confidence in java.util.concurrent as well as
get a good performance boost.  Its only downside is that it is not
available for JDK 1.4.

David