openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Gokhan Ergul <gokhan.er...@telenity.com>
Subject Re: Will reversemappingTask() generate EJB3 annotations?
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 19:16:54 GMT
Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> That is correct: the reversemappingtool only currently supports
> generating an orm.xml file. We would like to add support for
> generating annotations someday, but it is not there yet.

Would you guys be interested in getting donations in that area? We do
have our homegrown solution that does that (along with some other
goodies as well). It's currently based on our metadata representation
reverse-engineered from the database schema, it'd be nice (read: more
flexible and maintainable) to have it based on openjpa metadata and
integrated in openjpa itself for the community to use.

Gokhan.