openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Thrys√łe <...@conscius.com>
Subject Re: Embedding OpenJPA
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 19:06:30 GMT
Patrick Linskey wrote:
> This means that your container would be responsible for EntityManager
> lifecycle and potentially for transaction control. It also means that
> you'd interact with OpenJPA via the
> PersistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory() API. In such
> a scenario, you (the container) would be responsible for providing a
> PersistenceUnitInfo (you might want to take advantage of OpenJPA's
> existing XML-processing support to help out with this).

That sounds like the right way to do it. So my container would, on
startup, instantiate OpenJPA's PersistenceProviderImpl, and invoke
createContainerEntityManagerFactory() with a PersistenceUnitInfo that I
implement?

I can see that this gives me a great deal of control over classloading,
transactions, etc. But it looks like I still need to supply all managed
class names up front, and must refer to mapping information as file