openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Thrys√łe <...@conscius.com>
Subject Embedding OpenJPA
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 19:40:35 GMT
Hello,

I'm planning on embedding OpenJPA in a server (which is running in a
J2EE environment). OpenJPA will run entirely within this server, and
together with added functionality implement a "content container" in
which entities can be depolyed, just as servlets can in a servlet container.

So, I was wondering if anybody here could help me get a little wiser on
OpenJPA. Does OpenJPA:

- Allow arbitrary instatiation and destruction, without requiring
anything directly from the J2EE framework?
- Allow dynamic deployment of Entities when they are loaded, or at
deployment time.
- Allow "third parties" (not the entity definitions) to define/override
things such as identity definition, field types (convert when
reading/writing etc.?

Any thoughts welcome.

-dennis
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally protected.