openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help: Failing the build when written orm.xml file
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 17:27:35 GMT
Praveen-

On May 24, 2007, at 7:06 AM, Praveen G wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are struck with 2 problems:
>
>     1. We have written orm.xml file for our application and we are
> getting the following exception. We are also attaching our orm.xml
> and persistance.xml files for your reference.
>

>  [openjpac] 6281  host  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData -
> parsePersistentTypeNames() found
> [com.vormetric.server.dao.user.UserDTO,
> com.vormetric.server.dao.user.RoleDTO].
>  [openjpac] 6281  host  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Found 2
> classes with metadata in 46 milliseconds.
>  [openjpac] 6344  host  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Parsing
> class "com.vormetric.server.dao.user.RoleDTO".
>  [openjpac] 6344  host  TRACE  [main] openjpa.Enhance - Enhancing
> type "class com.vormetric.server.dao.user.RoleDTO".
>  [openjpac] 6344  host  WARN   [main] openjpa.Enhance - Type "class
> com.vormetric.server.dao.user.RoleDTO" has no metadata; enhancing
> as persistence aware. If you intended for "class
> com.vormetric.server.dao.user.RoleDTO" to be persistence-capable,
> then this means that OpenJPA could not find any metadata for "class
> com.vormetric.server.dao.user.RoleDTO". This can happen if the
> directory containing your metadata is not in your CLASSPATH, or if
> your metadata files are not named properly. See the documentation
> on metadata placement for more information.
>  [openjpac] 6344  host  TRACE  [main] openjpa.Tool - The class does
> not have metadata - enhanced as persistence-aware.
>  [openjpac] 6391  host  TRACE  [main] openjpa.Tool - Enhancer
> running on type "class com.vormetric.server.dao.user.UserDTO".
>  [openjpac] 6422  host  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Loading
> metadata for "class com.vormetric.server.dao.user.UserDTO" under
> mode "[META][QUERY]".
>  [openjpac] 6422  host  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Parsing
> class "com.vormetric.server.dao.user.UserDTO".
>  [openjpac] 6422  host  TRACE  [main] openjpa.Enhance - Enhancing
> type "class com.vormetric.server.dao.user.UserDTO".
>  [openjpac] 6422  host  WARN   [main] openjpa.Enhance - Type "class
> com.vormetric.server.dao.user.UserDTO" has no metadata; enhancing
> as persistence aware. If you intended for "class
> com.vormetric.server.dao.user.UserDTO" to be persistence-capable,
> then this means that OpenJPA could not find any metadata for "class
> com.vormetric.server.dao.user.UserDTO". This can happen if the
> directory containing your metadata is not in your CLASSPATH, or if
> your metadata files are not named properly. See the documentation
> on metadata placement for more information.
>  [openjpac] 6422  host  TRACE  [main] openjpa.Tool - The class does
> not have metadata - enhanced as persistence-aware.
>  [openjpac] 6453  host  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Clearing
> metadata repository
> "org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository@be76c7".

Nothing strikes me as being incorrect about your persistence.xml or
orm.xml. Are these files available in the META-INF/ directory at the
root of one of your classpaths? How are you running the enhancer?

If you can run it with verbose logging (e.g., by setting the property
"openjpa.Log: DefaultLevel=TRACE"), can you send us the output, as
well as the exact setting of your CLASSPATH environment variable and
the location of your persistence.xml and orm.xml files?

>      2. To make an entity readonly in an application(described below).

We don't have any support for declaring that an object be read-only.
Can you describe more in-depth the scenario in which you need to have
instances be marked read-only (as opposed to being just de-facto read-
only by way of just never making changes to the instances)?