openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: First post-graduation OpenJPA release
Date Sun, 20 May 2007 18:14:21 GMT

On May 20, 2007, at 10:25 AM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> It sounds like there are a bunch of new things that we'll be doing in
> this process; maybe we should do a 0.9.8 first to get the various
> artifacts all sorted out, and then do a 1.0?

I think that there will be enough confusion and retries to get an
acceptable 1.0 release out with the moved infrastructure that there's
no need to complicate the process with an immediate version change.
In other words, go for 1.0 now.

I do think you should review the jiras a bit before releasing.  For
instance I'm sure you want to apply the 2nd patch to OPENJPA-148 or
undo the first patch since the first patch makes it really easy to
create an NPE.

thanks
david jencks