openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: First post-graduation OpenJPA release
Date Sun, 20 May 2007 19:37:09 GMT
I'll second two things that David mentioned:

1. Release 1.0 first. We have a release that as others have said,
passes the JSR 220 TCK and is production-ready. Let's make some
noise. Even though we won't have the incubator to officially bless
the releases, it will still take some time to get out.

And in the middle of the release, we will likely have to deal with
the change of repository from incubator to openjpa. (I think Eddie is
overly optimistic in thinking that the incubator => tlp process will
only take a week). But I don't think we need to wait until it's
complete to start the release process.

Now, we need a release manager volunteer.

2. Scrub the bugs in JIRA. I think we should go through them and make
sure there are no showstoppers for a 1.0 release.

3. Just one more thing. It doesn't really require a JIRA to track,
but a JIRA per area might be useful so we don't get in each others'
way. The wiki, site, and doc need to all be updated to remove the
incubating disclaimer.

Craig

On May 20, 2007, at 11:14 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> On May 20, 2007, at 10:25 AM, Patrick Linskey wrote:
>
>> It sounds like there are a bunch of new things that we'll be doing in
>> this process; maybe we should do a 0.9.8 first to get the various
>> artifacts all sorted out, and then do a 1.0?
>
> I think that there will be enough confusion and retries to get an
> acceptable 1.0 release out with the moved infrastructure that
> there's no need to complicate the process with an immediate version
> change.  In other words, go for 1.0 now.
>
> I do think you should review the jiras a bit before releasing.  For
> instance I'm sure you want to apply the 2nd patch to OPENJPA-148 or
> undo the first patch since the first patch makes it really easy to
> create an NPE.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

>> -Patrick
>>
>> On 5/20/07, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geir@pobox.com> wrote:
>>> that said, this is the OpenJPA project, and no matter what the state
>>> of the infra move, anything that this group does now is independent
>>> and disconnected from the incuabtor

>>> move

>>> in use
>>> just bump