openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Phill Moran" <>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Packaging with maven
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 03:42:40 GMT
+1 good idea

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Prud'hommeaux [] On Behalf Of Marc
Sent: May 6, 2007 5:27 PM
Subject: [VOTE] Packaging with maven

Poking around the ActiveMQ pom.xml files, I notice that you can have a different
artifactId than the module name (i.e., directory) you are in. I hadn't known you
could do this.

Currently, our artifacts name are:

   trunk/pom.xml: openjpa
   trunk/openjpa-all/pom.xml: openjpa-all
   trunk/openjpa-project/pom.xml: openjpa-project

We could change these to:

   trunk/pom.xml: openjpa-parent
   trunk/openjpa-all/pom.xml: openjpa
   trunk/openjpa-project/pom.xml: apache-openjpa

I've tested this out, and it results in the openjpa aggregate jar being named
"openjpa-VERSION.jar", the dependency being simply named "openjpa", and the
assembly is named "".
None of the directories needed to be renamed. I've attached the patch that does
this to

Since this will mess up people who currently have maven dependencies on OpenJPA
(i.e., people who depend on "openjpa-all" will now need to depend on "openjpa"),
we should probably get this hammered out before leaving incubation. So I've gone
ahead and turned the [DISCUSS] into a [VOTE] to see if we should go ahead and do

A vote of +1 means we should do the renaming, -1 means we should not, and 0
means "don't care". The vote will remain open until Wednesday May 9th at 23:59

View raw message