openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Murali" <murali.adir...@emagia.com>
Subject JNDI lookup in OpenJPA.
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 05:01:06 GMT
Hi,

I am new to OpenJPA technology.

I am having problems while performing JNDI lookup for the bean resources to get the EntityManagerFactory
instance.

I am trying to perform JNDI lookup operation to fetch the DataSource & EntityManagerFactory
instances to connect to the DataBase.

Following is the code snippet:

public static EntityManagerFactory  getOpenJPASessionFactory(String jndiSessionFactoryName)
 throws DaoException {
    EntityManagerFactory emFactory = null;
    try {
       Context ctx = new InitialContext();
       emFactory = (EntityManagerFactory) ctx.lookup(jndiSessionFactoryName);
    }catch (ClassCastException cce) {
       throw new DaoException(DaoConstants.OPENJPA_FACTORY_ERROR, cce);
    } catch (NamingException ne) {
       throw new DaoException(DaoConstants.OPENJPA_FACTORY_ERROR, ne);
    }
    return emFactory;
}

When i try to get the EntityManager Instance from Factory instance, it says "jndiSessionFactoryName"
is not bound, because of this i am not able to get the Datasource for performing the Database
operations.

Following are the environment details:

Application Server: Jboss-4.0.4.GA
Operating System with version: Redhat Linux 4, with kernel version 2.6.9.42 Elsmp
OpenJPA version: 0.9.7
JDK version: Jdk 1.5.0_07
Database: IBM DB2  version 9.1

Is there any interoperability issue of OpenJPA with Jboss-4.0.4.GA?
Do we have to upgrade to any newer version of Jboss ?

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Waiting for your response.

Regards,