openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Source license headers in OpenJPA
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:30:21 GMT
Hi Eddie,

Removing Cliff from this discussion; sorry for the spam, Cliff, but I
recall you asking for it... ;-)

On Apr 14, 2007, at 2:21 PM, Eddie O'Neil wrote:

> Craig--
>
>  You're quite right; my apologies for not having caught this before
> now.
>
>  Given that this policy went into effect in November 2006, IMHO the
> 0.9.7 release that we're currently reviewing and voting on needs to be
> updated to include the appropriate headers.
>
>  Thoughts?

The Release Manager needs to rescind the vote for 0.9.7 and read the
document below in detail. It contains references to scripts that will
update the license headers easier than manually editing all the files.

Craig

> Eddie
>

> On 4/14/07, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:
>> The license headers we are using are in conflict with current
>> practice, as documented here:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html
>>
>> There was a big discussion about this topic, but the above is
>> normative as of today. See the discussion in this message:
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/
>> 200612.mbox/%
>> 3cc5e632550612201546w570be8cay89abfa43526a33b5@mail.gmail.com%3e
>>
>> Bottom line, there should not be a copyright notice in the source
>> headers, only a license notice.
>>
>> Craig Russell
>> jdo
>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com