openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Duplicate Query - where none exists
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 06:42:01 GMT

How is the "category.categoryTypeFK" column defined in the database?

An is there a corresponding "id" column in the table for the
CategoryType class?

Also, when there is just a single column in the join for a ManyToOne,
I think you can skip setting the "referencedColumnName" attribute,
since it will implicitly join to the single primary key of the
related table. I.e., you should be able to do:

	@ManyToOne
	@JoinColumn(name = "categoryTypeFK")

On Apr 4, 2007, at 8:34 PM, Phill Moran wrote:

> I think you may be on to something and have been looking into it.
> It is mapped
> and I thought worked but I am learning that I have a pretty messed
> up config (I
> had both Toplink and OpenJPA, I am accessing fields directly not
> through getters
> and am not positive that the mapping is right as it is one to
> many). I have
> other versions of the same mapping and this fairly commonly used
> class for my
> application as it represents categories that are grouped by
> categoryTpye. It
> does have a relation into the offended query class though
>
> - Here is the pertinent parts of the Store class:
>
> 	@ManyToOne
> 	@JoinColumn(name = "typeFK", referencedColumnName = "id")
> 	public Category getType() throws StoreTypeNotFoundException {
> 		return type;
> 	}
>
> - Here is the pertinent parts of the Category class:
>
> @Entity
> @Table(name = "category", schema = "bidspec")
> @Inheritance(strategy = InheritanceType.TABLE_PER_CLASS)
> @NamedQueries( {
> 		@NamedQuery(name = "CategoryFXType", query = "SELECT c FROM
> Category c WHERE c.type = :type"),
> 		@NamedQuery(name = "CategoryValueObjectFXPK", query = "SELECT c
> FROM Category c WHERE c.id = :primaryKey"),
> 		@NamedQuery(name = "CategoryFXDescription", query = "SELECT c
> FROM Category c WHERE UPPER(c.description) LIKE :description ORDER BY
> c.description") })
> public class Category extends Persistable {

> 	@ManyToOne
> 	@JoinColumn(name = "categoryTypeFK", referencedColumnName = "id")
> 	public CategoryType getType() {
> 		return this.type;
> 	}
>
> Persistable is my base JPA persistable class housing the String id
> for all
> persistable classes

>>> (MetaDataRepository.java:2
>>> 83)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.getMetaData
>>> (MetaDataRepository.java:3
>>> 38)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.getClassMetaDat
>>> a
>>> (
>>> JPQLExpres
>>> sionBuilder.java:151)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.resolveClassMet
>>> a
>>> D
>>> ata(JPQLEx
>>> pressionBuilder.java:131)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.getCandidateMet
>>> a
>>> D
>>> ata(JPQLEx
>>> pressionBuilder.java:211)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.getCandidateMet
>>> a
>>> D
>>> ata(JPQLEx
>>> pressionBuilder.java:181)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.getCandidateTyp
>>> e
>>> (
>>> JPQLExpres
>>> sionBuilder.java:174)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.access$500
>>> (JPQLExpressionBu
>>> ilder.java:61)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder
>>> $ParsedJPQL.populate(JPQLExp
>>> ressionBuilder.java:1657)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLParser.populate(JPQLParser.java:
>>> 52)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ExpressionStoreQuery.populateFromCompilati
>>> o
>>> n
>>> (Expressio
>>> nStoreQuery.java:145)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.newCompilation(QueryImpl.java:
>>> 642)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.compilationFromCache
>>> (QueryImpl.java:623)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.compileForCompilation
>>> (QueryImpl.java:589)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.compileForExecutor
>>> (QueryImpl.java:651)
>>> 	at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.compile(QueryImpl.java:558)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerImpl.createNamedQuery
>>> (EntityManagerI
>>> mpl.java:699)
>>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>> 	at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>>> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>> 	at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>>> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav
>>> a:25)
>>> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>> 	at
>>> org.springframework.orm.jpa.ExtendedEntityManagerCreator
>>> $ExtendedEntityManagerIn
>>> vocationHandler.invoke(ExtendedEntityManagerCreator.java:237)
>>> 	at $Proxy34.createNamedQuery(Unknown Source)
>>> 	at
>>> ca.BidSpec.emall.stores.StoreFactoryImpl.getStoreValueObjectByName
>>> (StoreFactoryI
>>> mpl.java:88)
>>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>> 	at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>>> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>> 	at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>>> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav
>>> a:25)
>>> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>> 	at
>>> org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflect
>>> i
>>> o
>>> n(AopUtils
>>> .java:280)
>>> 	at
>>> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJ
>>> o
>>> i
>>> npoint(Ref
>>> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:187)
>>> 	at
>>> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed
>>> (ReflectiveM
>>> ethodInvocation.java:154)
>>> 	at
>>> org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.i
>>> n
>>> v
>>> oke(Transa
>>> ctionInterceptor.java:107)
>>> 	at
>>> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed
>>> (ReflectiveM
>>> ethodInvocation.java:176)
>>> 	at
>>> org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke
>>> (JdkDynamicAopProxy.j
>>> ava:210)
>>> 	at $Proxy32.getStoreValueObjectByName(Unknown Source)
>>> 	at
>>> ca.BidSpec.testing.emall.UserFactoryTest.testSetup
>>> (UserFactoryTest.java:110)
>>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>> 	at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>>> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>> 	at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>>> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav
>>> a:25)
>>> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>> 	at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:164)
>>> 	at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:130)
>>> 	at
>>> org.springframework.test.ConditionalTestCase.runBare
>>> (ConditionalTestCase.java:69
>>> )
>>> 	at
>>> org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransacti
>>> o
>>> n
>>> alTests.ac
>>> cess$001(AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.java:44)
>>> 	at
>>> org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransacti
>>> o
>>> n
>>> alTests$1.
>>> run(AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.java:112)
>>> 	at
>>> org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransacti
>>> o
>>> n
>>> alTests.ru