openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] publish openjpa 0.9.7-incubating release
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:12:24 GMT
Hi Eddie,

On Apr 18, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Eddie O'Neil wrote:

> The release is looking good with two items that should be addressed
> and some nits.  :)
>
> Major issues:
> - Mike's GPG key is present in site/docs/KEYS but this file needs to
> be copied to http://incubator.apache.org/openjpa/KEYS as well.  This
> will make it easier to verify releases and matches the instructions on
> the download page.

I agree. This doesn't hold up the release since it's a parallel
activity.

> Minor issues:
> - The Maven2 repo contains two directories that probably shouldn't be
> part of the release --
> examples/ and tck/

  If you're using maven, it's unlikely that these will be of
interest, but I don't have any problem with including these in the
maven repo, regardless of how useful (or not) they might be there.

> - The .rsrc files don't have licenses -- we've discussed this before
> (even in this thread!).  This isn't a big deal, just expect the iPMC
> to bring it up again.

It might be well to post the results of our discussion with the VOTE
for IPMC to approve release, just so people are aware that we know
about it and have discussed it and our mentors agree that it's going
to be fixed but not today.

> - The JPA XSDs are CDDL licensed and are included in the distribution.
> IMHO, these should be cleanroom'ed so that the question just goes
> away.
> Like the .rsrc files, this has come up before and not been an
> issue.

I don't believe that it's possible to clean room these files. They
have a perfectly compatible license. These are specified reference
files, not an implementation that can have independent IP. So I don't
think it's worthwhile to try to clean room them.

>  Comments welcome, but let's work on addressing the first two.
>
> Eddie
>

> On 4/17/07, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:
>> +1 for the 0.9.7 release.

>> > I think that our parser doesn't deal with comments for this type.

>> > We should just move this to the target directory.
>> >
>> > I'm anxiously awaiting the day that Apache decides that it
>> really is
>> > sufficient to describe licensing terms at the packaging unit level,
>> > rather than the individual file level.
>> >
>> > -Patrick
>> >
>> > --
>> > Patrick Linskey
>> > BEA Systems, Inc.

>> __
>> > Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may
>> contain
>> > information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and
>> affiliated
>> > entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted
>> and/or
>> > legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the
>> individual
>> > or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended
>> recipient,
>> > and have received this message in error, please immediately
>> return this
>> > by email and then delete it.

Craig Russell